Friday, April 26, 2013

Week 18 of Pregnancy


Baby (I really have to come up with a nickname soon) is the size of a…. Bell Pepper! It weighs around 5-5.5 ounces and is about 5.5-6 inches in length!  Grow, baby grow!

I think I legitimately felt the baby kick early this morning.  Little thumps here and there.  Such an amazing feeling! 








I thought I'd try a new layout to these weekly updates.  They feel a little more organized!

How I’m feeling:
Nausea has revisited me, and it isn’t a very welcomed guest.  I get nauseous around 4pm and it doesn’t go away until around 7pm.  It’s not from not eating, because I am eating a bunch.  However, food just doesn’t sound good to me this week.  I have to force myself to think of something that sounds appetizing… not fun especially with nausea.  

My back is still hurting whenever I do too much moving around, so today is a rest day from doing anything around the house.  Just walking the doggie kids around the neighborhood.  The weather has finally begun to warm up so that makes me very happy.



My energy level is good and I get spurts of energy in the mornings.  Sleeping, however, has been hard lately.  I fall asleep great but wake up around 3am and can’t get back to bed until 6:30 and that’s with forcing myself to stay in bed.  Today, I actually got two extra hours of sleep so that helped a bunch.

Physical changes:
I think my belly grew a little bit this week.  I’ve wanted to get a tape measure to measure it every week but I keep forgetting!



I think I saw a really faint Linea Nigra (black line) on my belly this morning!  Kind of like that first pregnancy test with the really faint second pink line.

I have had no new weight gain this week.  I’m still up 5 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. 

What I’ve been craving:
I’m still on an avocado kick and eat at least half of one everyday.  Almost-burnt cheese is something I can’t get enough of and I find myself making quesadillas and pushing the cheese out of them while they are cooking so that it burns a little.  Lemonade is also a big one.  I have to have at least a glass a day!  Again, with the nausea, not much food sounds good this week.



Something fun: 
Since we aren’t finding out the sex of the baby, I thought it would be fun to look up some Old Wives’ Tales about gender.  They range from Chinese numerology to putting your wedding ring over your belly.  So here is a breakdown of what we have done so far.

Old Wives’ Tale
How to tell
Our baby’s gender
Ring over belly
Ring spins in circles=Boy
Ring goes swings side-to side=Girl
GIRL
Linea Nigra
Line stops at belly button=Girl
Line stops at rib cage=Boy
BOY
Carrying
High=Girl
Low=Boy
BOY
Heart rate
150 and above=Girl
Below 150=Boy (143bpm)
BOY
Hair Growth
Little or no change to growth=Girl
Fast hair growth=Boy
BOY
Chinese Numerology
Not sure how this works but I put in my birth date and baby’s EDD
BOY
Skin
More pimples than usual=Girl
No change to skin=Boy
GIRL
How I look
More Beauty=Boy
Less Beauty=Girl (she steals your beauty!)  I think I look a little more dull and tired
GIRL

GIRL: 3 BOY: 5

Of course there are many more tales out there but we will stick to these 8 for now. 

22 more weeks and Mike and I will become parents.  P.S. I think it just finally hit me that I am going to be a mother shortly!  

No comments :

Post a Comment