Thursday, May 2, 2013

Favorite Peanut Butter Cookies


As weird as it sounds, peanut butter cookies hold a special place in my heart.  My sister and I have shared the love of these cookies since I can remember.  They were always on the baking list on Christmas, made especially for my sister and I (because we were the only ones that actually liked them).  And, the fact that peanut butter cookies are Mike’s favorite cookies, gave me a sign that we were meant for each other.

I however have not been able to duplicate the cookie that I grew up with… that is until now.  I have searched for and baked several different cookie recipes and this one actually lives up to the crumbly, but soft, and chewy peanut butter cookies I have always loved. 

So with further ado, here is the cookie recipe that will be in our family for a very long time!  And hopefully the little one in my tummy will appreciate them just as much as I do!

Here are all the ingredients (this recipe makes A LOT of cookies so you may want to half it)


1 cup of unsalted butter
1 ¼ cup of peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
1 cup of white sugar
1 cup of packed brown sugar
2 eggs           
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
2 ¾ cup of flour (I always use whole wheat but all purpose is fine too)
1 teaspoon of baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda

Combine Flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl

In a separate bowl, Cream together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars


Add eggs and vanilla


Add flour mixture and mix just until incorporated, scraping down sides as you go.


Wrap dough in waxed paper and refrigerate for about an hour.

Preheat your oven to 350°

Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place onto ungreased cookie sheet


Press a fork into the dough balls to make a criss-cross pattern


Bake for 6-8 minutes for chewy cookies and 8-10 minutes for crispier cookies





YUMMY! Enjoy!

2 comments :

  1. Ya....cookies make me happy....lol...those r the best! Me want cookie! Love u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you make any for Snokums?

    ReplyDelete