Friday, March 28, 2014

My First Stitch Fix

If you haven’t heard about Stitch Fix yet, here is the rundown…

When you go to the website and join you pay a $20 styling fee.  You are then directed to your styling profile, where you tell your personal stylist your size, lifestyle, style, shape, and budget.  You then schedule your fix and your personal stylist sends you 5 articles.  You get to try it on at home, keep what you want, and send back what you don’t.  That $20 styling fee is put towards what you keep.  For instance, if you only like one item for $48, you send back the rest and pay $28.  You also leave feedback on the website about what you liked and didn’t like about the fix.  Easy, convenient, and oh so fun!

So I got my first fix this week!  I got so excited when I saw the box on the porch!



It was so-so and I only ended up keeping one item…which is good for the budget.  I think they get better with time because your stylist truly learns your personal style.  There were some really cute ideas but they just didn’t fit me well.  



I’m a tiny person but when I tried on some of these things, I felt like it made me look like I gained 20 pounds. 

So here is the lowdown…

Emperia Avalon Two Tone Tote with stud detail


I am no longer a purse person because I use E’s diaper bag.  Even if I were, I wouldn’t like this purse.  It didn’t seem like it was good leather and I just didn’t like the way it looked.
RETURNED

Honey Punch Layla Elbow Patch Detail Cardigan


Before I tried this on, I thought this was the piece I was going to keep.  I really loved the idea of this cardigan.  I had asked for easy nursing clothes and this fit the bill.  I loved the patch on the elbow, the stripes, and the material was amazingly soft.  I actually loved everything about this piece except for the fit.  It was really long and almost kind of bulky. 
RETURNED

Loveappella Elmes Button-Front Mixed Print Tank


Just, No!  Material was really nice but ick, ick, ick! 
RETURNED

41 Hawthorn Toulouse Collared Wrap Dress


This is a cute piece but I really have no need for a dress at this point in my life.  I actually liked it a lot more after I saw this picture of me in it but still… it went back.
RETURNED

Sanctuary Larken Roll-Cuff Cotton Cargo Short


I thought this was the one piece I was not going to like when I opened the box.  I’m really picky about pants and even pickier about shorts but these fit me oh so great!  They are comfortable but look really cute too.  I’m excited to have these in my summer wardrobe!
KEPT


I’m really happy that I liked one piece of this fix.  Hopefully, next month’s will be even better. 

Stitch Fix is really fun and I invite you all to take part.  This post is not sponsored but I do get referral credit for whoever signs up using the links in this post. 

No comments :

Post a Comment