Friday, March 7, 2014

Day in the Life with a 6ish Month Old

I see these posts on blogs all the time and I always like reading them to see how much our schedule delineates from “norm.” Plus, I think they are kind of fun for family to see what we do all day.

We will start off the night before:

7:30-8:00pm - E goes down for the night
8:00-10:00pm – Mike gets home. We get to watch our favorite tv shows or if he gets home really late we will just eat dinner and talk at the dinner table until we get tired
2:00-5:00am – E wakes up for a feeding
7:30am – E is up for the day
8:00am – We finally get out of bed and start our day
8:05am – E plays around with breast feeding and decides she would rather not
8:10-8:30am – Dogs get fed, I drink coffee, and E either gets held or jumps in her jumper.  She starts to complain so we move onto something else


8:30-9:00am – We go into the playroom and see if we can waste some time.  I usually get more interested in her toys than she does and I often catch myself pushing every single button on a toy while E is chewing on a block 3 feet away


9:00am - Nurse E to sleep
9:10am – E doesn’t want to take her nap.  I put her in her crib… she cries… I take her out… she stops… I put her back in… she cries… I take her out and she starts to suck her thumb and lays her head on my chest and falls asleep 6/10 times like this.


9:30am – E is finally asleep.  I speed clean the house.  Sometimes I get a spark and deep clean the entire house in 45 minutes (I would really like to see myself during this time… I probably look like the old, tanned neighbor from “Something About May.”  I usually wait to run on Mike’s days off but sometimes I’ll run on the treadmill during this time.  I take a shower.  Do LOTS of laundry
10:00am – I am starving.  I eat breakfast… oatmeal, berries, and maple syrup
11:30am – E’s naps vary and she will wake up anytime between 10 and 11:30
11:30am – Nurse E


12:00pm – Change E and put her in day clothes.  Take 300 pictures because she looks so darn cute


12:20pm – Feed E real food.  She gags, I laugh, she laughs, and then she is done


12:50pm – E is starting to get bored again and so am I.  We take the dogs for a walk and I curse the fact that we did because Gracie is pulling and Chloe gets scared of her own shadow.
1:20pm – Get home.  E starts to rub her eyes.  I take that cue and nurse her again. This time she falls asleep
1:30pm – E is napping and I get the much-needed break.  Can’t really tell you what I do during this time but I try to be productive.  Today, I made pear puree for E next week.  On hard days, I lie on the couch and catch up on DVR shows.
3:00pm – E is up and gets nursed
3:20-6pm – We roam around the house.  I snack, E jumps, sits in her high chair, I snack, we play in the playroom, and I snack some more. 


6:00pm – E is done
6:01-6:30pm – I try to entertain her until bath time and minimize crying.  I also try to cook dinner during this time.  Not the easiest feat.  
6:30pm – E’s bath time.  Her favorite time of day


7:00pm – Nurse her and try to get her to sleep


And we do it all over again, tomorrow!

This is typical day for us.  We will sometimes venture out or have a Grandparent come over; but for the most part this is E and I’s life without Dad.


Of course, as soon as I hit publish on this post she will change everything.


No comments :

Post a Comment