Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Week 21 of Pregnancy


I’ve had a pretty crazy week and I am sorry for the delay of this weekly update. 

We did our anatomy scan this week and had a glimpse at our future.  I think we were disturbing the little munchkin because it wasn’t moving a whole bunch and had its hands in front of his/her face pretty much the whole time.  Everything with the scan went perfectly.  Our baby is growing flawlessly and is even ahead of schedule by a few days.  We are very happy and blessed.

This week has been quite a whirlwind and a little hectic.  I’ve been dealing with refinancing the house and trying to figure out the budget for when baby comes.  It is quite stressful.  Luckily, we get to close on the house tonight, so that will take a whole bunch of stress out of my daily life. 

Our baby

Our baby is now as long as a carrot and is supposed to be weighing in at 10oz, however at the ultrasound, our little jelly belly weighed in at 13oz. 


We felt our little one kick through my belly for the first time this week.  I can feel the baby doing back flips and flops usually at night around 8pm, it has even woken me up a few times in the middle of the night!  It will also start moving a bunch if it is around the time I should eat.  I know that once the baby starts moving, I better get something in my stomach fast or else I’ll get nauseous and lightheaded… and very, very cranky.

How I’ve been feeling:

Other than being stressed, I’ve felt really good this week.  I’ve been working in the yard almost daily and I planted some colorful flowers that make me smile every time I look at them.  I even built a fountain for our backyard… all by myself (Mike did help with the bag of heavy rocks, though).  Mike got our garden boxes in the ground this week and we will be filling them with soil and lots of veggies when we get back from our anniversary trip to Seattle. 


I have started to get daily headaches but I think that is more attributed to spring time and being outside a lot.  Sleep on the other hand hasn’t been great but it comes with the territory.  This has been about the easiest week as far as the pregnancy goes. 

Physical Changes:

None that I can recount from this week.  I gained one pound, so I am now up 9.5 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.  The doctor said I was gaining weight perfectly and to keep doing what I am doing.


 

What I am eating/craving:

I still am not in the mood for food too much.  Sweets have been my go-to lately and I am still craving crumb cake with orange juice (though I haven’t really had orange juice due of heartburn) and cheesecake.  I could eat an individual cheesecake everyday at this point.   I also still cannot get enough peaches, nectarines, or apricots. 

It is amazing how fast these last five months have passed.  It seems so long while going through them but looking back, they have flashed before our eyes.  I’m just hoping the next 4.5 months go just as fast if not faster.  

Our dogs are carrot fanatics, so they were swarming around me during this photo shoot

No comments :

Post a Comment