Monday, July 21, 2014

Elise is 10 Months Old!


Dear Elise,

You have officially hit the double digits!  You are 10 months old and you are loving life! 



I never doubted people when they told me that this would go by in a flash, but oh my goodness, it is going faster than I thought it would.  I still remember bouncing you on the yoga ball like it was yesterday.  My knees thank you for making that a short-lived need.


Not much has happened since your last post because I wrote it so late.  Some fun things we have been up to: You met your first goat (and not your last and you love goat cheese and yogurt!), we got our family pictures taken, I am starting to plan your 1st Birthday party (I still cannot believe it), you love going in the backyard to check on our garden (we do this at least twice a day when dad is at work), and you had your first girl date last weekend!

Your first goat encounter!

Your cousin and you at the goat farm.

You are slowly crawling!  You can definitely get from point A to point B but you go at turtle speed.  You can sit up from a laying down position.  Your favorite things to crawl to include: dog toys, dog bowls, and dogs.  You do crawl towards dad and I, too.  In fact, you are crawling to my laptop as I type. 

Your best friend, Chloe!
I walked into your room the other day to get you up from your nap and you were sitting up playing with your toes.  We saw you do it one other time yesterday, so you’re pretty much a pro at it now! 

Big news, your official FIRST word is, “Mama”! You figured out the other day that it gets my attention, so now you say it all day long if I am doing things other than playing with you.  Except it is more like… “moma mom, mam, ma, mama” all day long! I love it!

No new teeth yet.  You’re still working on the two top teeth.  I check them everyday and you hate it.

You’re still eating like a champ and even slowing down a wee bit on breastfeeding, especially if we are out and about.

You can eat all of this!
Sleeping is still a little tough but we are getting through it.  That’s all I have to say about that.

We love, love, love you, goose!  HAPPY 10 MONTHS!!!! You are my angel, my darling, my star!

Happiness at its best!
Photo by Bonnie


No comments :

Post a Comment